CPC is composed of a team of dedicated experts whose blended approach of health care, pharmacy, business, regulatory affairs, and finance equate to high quality, keen oversight, and superior customer service.
At CPC we
- provide on-site education to covered entity and contract pharmacy staff on 340B operations and compliance
- counsel covered entities to ensure their procedures are efficient and their organizations are audit ready
- will assist in conducting the required follow-up investigation if your organization is suspected of a violation, and
- will create and implement the action plan with correction of the violation in a manner that follows OPA and Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) guidelines.
We work diligently with health care organizations, pharmacies, corporations, and other entities to ensure they remain compliant to changing regulations and Department of Justice requirements within their respective industries.
CPC staff work with clients to ensure they meet the seven core elements of the compliance framework from the Compliance Sentencing Guide.
Our belief—and mission— is to serve as a comprehensive source of 340B pharmacy services to covered entities. Managed pharmacy services help to improve the design and implementation of key economic and compliance drivers within the purview of the Office of Pharmacy Affairs (OPA).
An early introduction of comprehensive policies and procedures within the 340B drug pricing programs helps to mitigate the risk of 340B external audits as well as serving as a vehicle to optimize the program’s retained savings for the covered entity.
Mission and strategic planning will undoubtedly drive the thoughtful and straightforward attempts to grow and retain the legacy of 340B and its impact on your agency. Under this comprehensive approach to pharmacy services CPC, LLC can serve agencies by providing the following services throughout the life cycle of your 340B program:
- Conceptualize and coordinate the necessary components required to be identified and registered as a covered entity. This may include the review of the scope of services and clinical care efforts provided by outpatient clinics; or to consider the conversion of medical case management agencies into ambulatory outpatient medical services agencies.
- Define, design, and implement a fully-conformed and functional 340B program; uniquely suited to your agency; and operable and reviewable by your staff.
- Define best methods by which to purchase and deliver medications to patients of the covered entity.
- Establish single-source or multiple-source groupings of local pharmacies (Pharmacy HUBS) that will elect to work in a multiple-party contract with the covered entity and CPC, LLC.
- Register contract pharmacies into the OPA 340B data bank for certifications as listed and registered contract pharmacies to the covered entity.
- Monitor all pharmacy transactions to insure timely and accurate funds flow and compliance.
- Insure appropriate recording of inventory of medications within the contract pharmacy or among the contract pharmacy HUB.
- Collect and transmit to the covered entity all 340B gross revenues from the contract pharmacies and prepare statements to insure timely payments by the covered entity to registered drug wholesalers working in the 340B format.
- Write compilation and compliance reports.
- Assist in the 340B Strategic and Compliance Plan Documents of the covered entity to conform with 340B utilization requirements.
- Provide on-site education to covered entity and contract pharmacy staff on 340B operations and compliance.
In case of noted or suspected violation, CPC, LLC will assist in conducting the required follow-up investigation, creating and implementing the action plan with correction of the violation in a manner that follows OPA and Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) guidelines.